Among my friend network, family and colleagues, I’ve built up somewhat of a notoriety for being a Bikram yoga devotee and all-around yoga geek.
Maybe along these lines, I get posed a great deal of inquiries from inquisitive people who have known about Bikram previously and are pondering giving it a shot, however are only somewhat apprehensive. I mean let’s be honest, the possibility of going into a room warmed to 105 degrees for an hour and a half and doing 26 stances and two breathing activities is a touch of overwhelming, isn’t that so? Reasonable!
The most regular inquiry I get is it is possible that: “I’m contemplating pursuing a Bikram class! Should I be terrified?” or “I simply pursued a Bikram class! Am I going to die???”
The short response to both is NO, in no way, shape or form!
The long answer is likewise NO, in no way, shape or form, yet there are a couple of things you should consider before your top notch, and a couple of things you can do previously, after, and during class to guarantee a positive first involvement in the hot room!
So right away, for every one of you who have solicited and all from you who haven’t, here is my rundown of 20 hints, deceives and indicates for your first Bikram yoga class! Appreciate!
Read more: ホットヨガ 名古屋 初心者
Prior to Class… *
1. Hydrate. In any case, not all that much. Drink a lot of water for the duration of the day paving the way to your top of the line. Presently don’t go insane and chug liter after liter or anything, however include somewhat more water than typical to your day by day schedule. You would prefer not to land at class and understand that Ooops, all you’ve needed to drink throughout the day is a gallon of frosted espresso and an eating routine coke.
Awful news bears. Additionally, you will need to quit drinking in any event two hours before class. You know, just to ensure you don’t need to, errr… mitigate yourself whenever during your training.
2. Eat. In any case, not all that much. A hot yoga class can be exceptionally requesting on the body. Along these lines, you’ll need to ensure you’ve eaten enough during the day to fuel you through your class, and that what you’ve eaten has been genuinely light and solid. The day of your first hot yoga class is presumably not the best time to hit up the everything you can eat Chinese smorgasbord, or chow down on the Denny’s terrific pummel breakfast with additional bacon . Keep it light, keep it straightforward, and like with the hydrating thing, quit eating at any rate two hours before class. You don’t need anything stirring around in your stomach while that is no joke “pack your stomach divider, contract your muscular strength”!
3. Bring at any rate a liter of water with you to class. It’s hot in the room. You will perspire. You will get parched. Basic enough.
4. Try not to wear long jeans. You will be incredibly, grieved. Modest butt-embracing shorts, sports bra, and a tank top for the women, shorts or bathing suit for the gentlemen. That is all you need. Truly.
5. Arrive early. In any event 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Gives you an opportunity to round out the essential desk work, get changed, and get a decent spot in the room. Additionally, numerous instructors give explicit directions toward the start of class for novices, so you need to ensure you’re in the space to hear it not still in the storage space tinkering with your small butt-embracing shorts.
6. Tell the educator you’re new. It’s astonishing what number of individuals would prefer not to do this. However, the instructor is there to support you! Yoga instructors love to show individuals yoga. That is the reason they’re instructors! What’s more, trust me, they need you to have the most ideal experience on your top of the line, and they’ll do whatever they can to get that going. So don’t be modest, walk straight up to the instructor, and pluckily state, “Hello there, I’m (embed your name), and I’m new!” You’ll be closest companions inside minutes.
7. Ask where the “cool spot” is. Presently that you’re BFF with the instructor, ask her (or him) where the best spot is for you to set up your tangle. Most studios have a “cool spot”– frequently (however not constantly) almost an entryway or a window–and this is generally where they prescribe new individuals set up for their top notch. Since, clearly, it’s a cool spot.
8. Set up your tangle and towel(s). At the point when you sign in to class, you will no doubt be given a yoga tangle and two towels. Ommigod, what do you do with these things?!? Well, the tangle goes on the floor. That is a simple one. Yet, the towels? That is all the more a matter of inclination. In case you’re not a substantial sweater, you’ll simply take one of the two towels and spot it directly over your tangle, directly in the center, so it retains your perspiration and shields your tangle from turning into what could be compared to a Slip ‘n’ Slide.
Nonetheless. In case you’re similar to me, and you sweat like a creature (nothing amiss with this, coincidentally) you will presumably need to utilize the two towels, spread out in a somewhat covering way, covering your whole tangle. For the record, this is the means by which I set up my towels, and it works incredibly!
9. Have NO desires. That goes for desires for yourself, the educator, the class, the studio, and so on. Anticipate NOTHING, and be available to EVERYTHING.
10. Keep a receptive outlook. In the event that you’ve polished other yoga previously, simply realize that this will be unique. Make an effort not to be all HEY, THIS ISN’T HOW WE DO IT IN VINYASA/ASHTANGA/KUNDALINI/WHATEVER! Obviously it’s not the equivalent! This is Bikram! Tune in to the instructor and be available to what she says, in any event, when your mind attempts to disclose to you something different.
11. Take heaps of breaks. There’s no disgrace in plunking down! It’s your top of the line, go simple on yourself!
12. However, not very numerous breaks. On the other hand, in the event that you feel better, continue onward! Try not to plunk down on the grounds that you sense that you need to sleep. Tune in to your body actually truly, see what it lets you know, and respond appropriately.
13. Remain in the room. In each class, the instructor is ensured to advise you that remaining in the room is the most significant thing. Regardless of whether you need to sit the entire time, by remaining in the room, keeping up your center, and rationally remaining with the class you are as yet rehearsing yoga. The warmth is perhaps the best advantage of this training, as it enables your body to open up and your muscles to discharge in manners they wouldn’t have the option to something else, yet it can likewise be the hardest thing to change in accordance with. By remaining in the room, you give your body the existence to make that change.
14. Relax. At the point when circumstances become difficult, breathing will keep you alive! It tends to be difficult to recall at the time, yet on the off chance that anytime you feel yourself battling in a posture, back off a little and recuperate your breath. That is to say, let’s be honest: in case you’re not breathing, you’re probably not going to do whatever else. Know what I mean?
15. Try not to get up excessively quick! Take as much time as is needed leaving the room, hanging up your tangle, placing your towels in the canister, showering, and so on. Your body may feel a smidge surprising. You’ve quite recently worked each significant muscle bunch most likely beautiful darn hard–and detoxified yourself in a major way! So regard that and don’t push it. Give yourself a lot of time to chill after class. In the event that conceivable, don’t have ANYTHING you “need to do!!” the remainder of the day. Relax.
16. Thank the educator for this new damnation she simply put you through. It’s just gracious.
17. On the off chance that your studio has peppermint cleanser in the showers, don’t get it in your eyes and DON’T GET IT IN YOUR HOO-HAH! This is simply pragmatic guidance. It consumes. Trust me.
18. Re-hydrate. Have something with electrolytes. Coconut water is extraordinary, any sort of electrolyte water is as well, even sports beverages will work. Likewise drink a lot of genuine water. That is that get stuff that leaves the tap.
19. Eat. Have a decent light sound dinner. Natural products, veggies, lean protein. You know, the “great” stuff.
20. Return again tomorrow. WHAT?!? Be that as it may, that is CRAZY, isn’t it?!??!? As a matter of fact, no it’s definitely not. They state in Bikram “return when you can, as regularly as possible!”, and that is particularly valid in your first week. Your body needs to become acclimated to this new, altogether different thing you’re doing, and the more every now and again you go, the better open door it needs to do only that.
So there you go, yoga individuals (and prospective yoga individuals!), a couple of tips for your first adventure into the hot room. Most importantly, make sure to ENJOY YOURSELF! Bikram yoga can unquestionably be trying now and again, however don’t be scared! Like all types of yoga, it’s not something to be learned and aced in a day, or a month, or a year, or ten years! This training is rich and profound and stunning and takes a lifetime, however that is the thing that makes it fascinating and applicable! Consider this to be another experience, another experience, and another approach to investigate the intensity of the mind-body association that no one but yoga can encourage!